This is it, I've finally entered the world of the blogging! Kicking and screaming, I might add. However, when I saw several of my girlfriends posting updates on their lives (by which I mean their babies) I began to think I needed to jump on the bandwagon. I don't want my kids to think they were any less worthy...
Speaking of babies, when did my life become so entirely devoted to all things baby? Back in my (gloriously free) youth, when I was a bleeding-heart feminist at a small all-women's liberal arts college in Southern Massachusets (OK, it was Mount Holyoke College), I would have been horrified to think that one day I would be seriously contemplating giving up my career to become a Stay At Home Mom. Gasp, the horror! But here I am, mother to two beautiful girls, one year out after finishing my Ph.D, completely re-evaluating my priorities.
Of course after a day filled with terrible-two tantrums from the eldest child, spit up and inconsolable crying and spill-out-of-your-onesie-pooping episodes from the 6 week old, a husband who complains that I never have time for him anymore, and a dog whose nose has been up my butt all day begging for attention, a nice quiet day at work in the lab seems like a good vacation from it all. But that is only because I havn't had to juggle work and a family of 4.5 (the dog only counts as half) yet!
Anyway, I've created this blog as a place for me to vent my frustration, share my joy, confess to the errors of my ways, and get a little positive feedback. And, of course, show off just a little bit, because I do have the world's two cutest daughters!
No comments:
Post a Comment