Hello, is anyone out there? Can anyone hear me? I am screaming loud enough. Oh, wait, that is only in my head.
Juliette is sick. She has been since Monday night at 2 am when she woke up screaming, with a fever. I actually rushed her to the pediatrician on wednesday evening, where they checked her out and basically did nothing. Oh, yesss, lets all have sympathy for the sick two year old.
But wait... Cosette is teething. Although she is a generally happy baby, every once in a while she screams out in inconsolable pain. And she has become a baby who does not sleep. She wakes every 2-2 1/2 hours through the night for the past 2-2 1/2 weeks. I have tried letting her cry, but it does not seem to work. Yes, she will eventually fall asleep, but I am so stressed by then that I can't. A week ago by midnight I was so fed up that I actually got my keys and walked out of the house, responding to Greg's panicked "What am I supposed to do?" with a deceivingly flippant "Whatever you want!" I drove around the block three times and then guilt steered me back home, but those few minutes of dark silence were very therapeutic. The good news is that I think the end is in sight; her bottom two teeth have broken through, and it looks like her top teeth are about to do the same. Ahh, yes, now lets all have sympathy for the teething 7 month old.
But was I completely clear about the fact that Juliette is sick, waking at night screaming in pain? And Cosette is teething, waking at night screaming in pain? Which means I am being woken at night, screaming in despair, tiredness and frustration?
I cry for help, but what help is there to give? My mom has been an angel, and the fact that I am still somewhat sane is due to her support, but all I really really want is a FULL NIGHT OF SLEEP. Please, can someone wave a magic wand and make it so?
No comments:
Post a Comment