Juliette and I made french toast for breakfast, and as she was eating it she kept saying "this is really good french toast, mommy". So I replied: "That's because we made it together, and we make a good team."
Juliette responded "We aren't playing a game. This isn't baseball. This is not a team. This is cooking."
I'm sure that isn't the first time I'll hear that tone in her voice, that "don't be stupid, mommy" inflection, but by god I sure didn't expect to hear it so soon.
Side note: I've been requested to post pictures of Cosette's toothy smile. The person who requested this is the photographer of the family, and if he isn't around to take the pictures then he can't give me a hard time about it.
3 comments:
Juliette's comments over breakfast made me laugh out loud. I love it!
I can just picture the face you were making after she explained that "duh. this isn't baseball mom!"
Hee hee hee....she is WAY too smart for her own good! And I also think you need to post pictures of Cosette's toothy grin. I was trying to describe it to Russ but definitely wasn't doing it justice! It's far too cute not to capture on your blog!
Wow sorry I didn't realize that requesting pictures of Cosette was asking too much...
Post a Comment