Today, Day 2 of the Great Potty Training Epic , Juliette proudly announced "I go pee-pee and poopy in my underwear every day!"
Clearly, she isn't getting it yet.
Day 1 ended with 5 pairs of soiled underpants.
Day 2 started out well; she was dry when she woke, and immediately went on the potty. And hasn't again since then. The tally so far is 3 pairs of soiled underpants. Her 'accidents' usually occur within minutes of my asking her if she has to go peepee. She is in high spirits, and is happy to be wearing underwear just like mommy and daddy and Auntie Lisa and Uncle Russ and Justin and PJ and Auntie Allie... and on and on. I started out very optimistic, thinking that since she was a little older and so excited about it it would go very quickly; now I am extremely doubtful and I envision days and days of loads and loads of dirty laundry. According to the guide I read, I shouldn't get discouraged. At some point it will just click and all will be well- and dry- from then on. I'm not so sure. She is taking her nap now, and will see what the evening brings. All I know is this: I am looking forward to the margarita I will have Greg make me tonight before he goes off to his poker game. Then, after the girls are in bed, I am going to sit and watch back episodes of American Idol and be judgemental even though I can't sing a note and don't know how to recognize when someone is on pitch (Pitch? Isn't that when they throw the ball?). Knocking everyone else and watching them humiliate themselves on national TV will help me forget my own failures, at least for a little while.
No comments:
Post a Comment