Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who's the mother now?

This morning, heading out for a busy day of work with the two girls, if you happened to be a fly on the wall (we seem to have plenty of those lately) you would have heard the following conversation:

Me: Coughing. "Come on, Juliette" coughing some more. "Let's go". Cough cough cough. Sniffle.
Juliette: "I don't think you should go to work today. You need some rest."
Me: "I know, Juliette, but I have a meeting this morning."
Juliette: "After your meeting you should come home and get some rest."
Me:"That's a good idea Juliette. I'll see if I can do that."
Juliette: Walks over and gives me a hug. "Don't worry, mommy. I'll take care of you."

You know what? That hug did make me feel better. Even mommy's need some TLC, sometimes.

3 comments:

Kim Tracy Prince said...

Oh my God. That was SUCH a great post. Thank you. It helps counteract the BAD NEWS that I read in the paper every single day.

Kelli said...

Awww. That was so sweet. What a cutie pie Juliette is!

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness what a sweetheart she is! You should listen to your daughter, sounds like she's pretty smart and has some good advice!