It was a beautiful warm sunny day with nothing to do (not counting laundry, grocery shopping, shoe shopping (for the girls, not me!), house keeping, etc etc etc) so we decided to go apple picking. We got a late start because I had a hard time getting the girls motivated; but I was bound and determined to have a nice family day so finally I just said "Fine, I'm going by myself then!" and that was enough to get them moving. However, I couldn't convince Juliette to go potty before we left. She just didn't have to go. Not until we got off the tractor in the middle of the orchard with only apple trees visible for as far as the eye could see, at which point- before a single apple had been plucked from a tree- Juliette decided she had to go "right now." So, I found a convenient tree (by which I mean, the closest one, one with no more apples so that I felt pretty sure no one would step in Juliette's little puddle), and after a quick glance to be sure there were no witnesses, pulled down Juliette's pants and told her to squat. Which she did, without a question or complaint. And all went well, except for the fact that she still hasn't really
learned how to aim. Good thing I brought a change of clothes.
Anyway, we picked a bunch of apples, then had fun at the market running through the haymaze, searching for the perfect pumpkin, and finding the prettiest mums. We even made a scarecrow, by which I mean Greg and I made a scarecrow while the girls jumped around and threw hay everywhere.

1 comment:
You look so hot in this picture Tina! Did you get your haircut recently? It looks great!
Oh, and those two little ladies with you are pretty cute too.
I love the photos -esp. the one of Cosette with the mums. I feel like it should be an ad for Kodak film or something.
Post a Comment