Friday, December 01, 2006

One good reason to go Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve.

I went out for a short time this evening to a neighbors' home party, where I had a glass of wine, chatted with neighbors, and spent $100 on a chip and dip platter, serving tray, and some other things that will remain unspecified because Christmas is coming and my family reads this blog.

When I came home, Lucy was barking, Cosette was screaming in her crib, and Greg looked very happy to see me. (I know that look. I have worn that look myself on many occasions.) But Juliette, wearing nothing but Toy Story boys briefs, was beaming. When I heard why, I was beaming too.

While I was out socializing with the neighbors and, having ignored Greg's suggestion that I leave my wallet at home, spending some more of his money, Juliette went poopy on the potty. All. By. Herself.

There was some Happy Dancing at the Raising Mommy household.

How did she know I had done some Christmas shopping this afternoon and the trunk of my car was packed full of- what should we call it? Not bribes... but motivational rewards. At this rate there won't be any toys left by Christmas and I'll be one of those desperate parents scouring the shelves Christmas Eve.

And that is A OK with me.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!

Kelli said...

Finally back in the land of the internet at work so I can catch up a bit on your blog.
Love the photos and LOVE that it sounds like potty -training is a success. Hallelujah!