Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Blah blah blah.
I know I havn't posted in a while but it has been a busy few weeks. Upon returning to work after being sick for a week, I was called into my bosses office where I was chastised for not being productive enough and entreated to be more focused on work while I was at work. I tried not to take it personally since he had apparently berated the rest of the lab en masse in the weekly lab meeting that I missed because I was laying in bed feverish and slightly crazed. It was also kind of ironic, since in the weeks before my illness I had decided that when I was at work I would actually- you know- do some, and had been quite productive and was quite proud of myself.
Anyway, what he said was "focus" and what I heard was "no more blogging from work." And if I can't blog from work, then I can't blog, because I can't find the time to do it at home, what with Greg playing some stupid online computer game, like, 26 hours a day. Ahh, but then several labs were broken into over the break and laptops were stolen, inspiring me to bring my own laptop home each and every night, and tonight I decided to turn it on and check my favorite blogs. But first, I re- read my last post, which I though was somewhat witty and clever. What about that image I made? "Knocked Up, Knocked Up, Knocked Out" I really like that!
But I didn't get a single comment. Not one. Not even a "Glad you are feeling better, strep throat really sucks."
So I ask myself... what is the point? Has blogging become another way for me to talk to myself? Because if I am going to have to stay up at night in order to blog, then I gotta know that someone is listening to me. Otherwise I'll just go to sleep.
7 comments:
Funny, that is how I feel about my blog--first of all I can't seem to find the time to write (I definitely can't write at school!) and secondly, no one comments besides you and Kelli and sometimes my mother in law. But-- if you think of some of the posts you have written--like the ones on Cosette's and Juliette's birthday--well, those are more of an online diary than a blog to me. And don't you want a record of those moments somewhere??? Keep posting! I love reading your blog, even if I don't always have time to comment!
Oh Tina, please don't stop blogging. Raising Mommy is a daily pit-stop for me & I can't tell you how excited I get when I see a new post at the top.
My blogging traffic has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since I moved back to Boston (why that move would stop traffic is kind of a mystery to me but still...) and it's depressing. And I'm like you too - I can't help but take offense when no one comments...I start to doubt and second guess what I'm writing and trying to say and think I've probably made a fool of myself and besides, what is the point if no one is reading it anyway?!
But, I don't want to stop. I love my blog and I love the bloggers I know. I'm blaming December craziness on the lack of visitors and comments (as that is the only way I can make myself feel better about it!)And here's hoping for more comments in 2007.
So that's my two cents. I read it, I love it, and would be oh-so-sad if the woman who turned me onto blogging in the 1st place went away...
AND I am glad you're feeling better and sorry about the work lecture - blech.
This is officially the longest comment I've ever written.
Tina, that is one funny sick story! Don't give up - us lurkers come out from time to time.
Be well for KTP's visit in a couple of weeks!
I feel the same way sometimes. The cure for that is to comment on other people's blogs like crazy...then they all come back to you and do likewise.
PS - I noticed your new profile picture. NICE.
Hi Tina,
I love reading your blog too!! Please don't stop. I get really excited to read your latest post.
Tina, You are a terrific writer and I enjoy reading about the writer -as the young Mom and the Professional. Your writing mirrors the daily struggles of many young women and remind some of us of our wonderful days past. We just don't often respond. DS (Lisa's mother-in-law)
Post a Comment