Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday, Cosette!

It's hard to believe that two years have gone by all ready.


The terrible twos are beginning to make an appearance, but Cosette is still happy... most of the time. Her big sister can be a little bossy and a little grabby, and that makes Cosette a little cranky. But they do love each other, and Cosette gets very upset if Juliette doesn't give her a good night kiss.

Cosette still doesn't know her colors. I'm not sure if it is because she doesn't get it yet, if it is because she is color blind, or if it is because she is really stubborn and has decided that when she says it is blue then gosh darn it, no one is going to convince her otherwise. I suspect it is a bit of the first and the third, and I worry that it is the second.

I've mentioned before that Cosette adopted a stuffed turtle, and recently found herself a blankie. Now, she also must have her doggie (from her Uncle Michael), her Astronaut Micky Mouse (from Nonna) and her cabbage patch doll, Ashley (from Auntie Lisa) with her as well. When I put her in the crib at night, we take an inventory, before she grabs them all into her arms- which barely can reach around all that- and snuggles them close as she goes to sleep.

We are thinking of moving her out of the crib and into a toddler bed, but she hasn't really tried to climb out of the crib yet... so I'm not sure I'm ready to give her such independence.

Cosette knows how to count to 10, except that she always leaves out the number 5. She also know that a C is for Cosette; but she also thinks that a C is for Daddy, too, and I can't convince her otherwise.

She loves to march up the stairs. March two three four, march two three four...

She loves Curious George and the Wiggles. She doesn't watch the Doodlebops anymore, but she adores her Doodlebops lunch box and t-shirt.

She isn't potty trained... yet. Soon. We are hoping that Cosette getting trained might motivate her sister to once and for all stop pooping in her pants.

When she is buckled into her car seat, she will spontaneously announce "I yuv youuu Mommy!" and then reach her arms to me and ask "Big hug!". I just can't stand it that I can't reach her to give her a hug back!