OK, maybe that title is only correct when written in the voice of the nanny, but whatever.
As you have probably gathered, I did hire the Nanny. A big thank you to everyone who gave me advice and support.
Today is Day 2 and so far, so good. Yesterday went off without a hitch; the one downfall was resigning myself to driving the honkin huge pick up to work every day, but if it is for my girls then I will do it withough complaining. Too much.
Greg was home, too, so he was my spy; he checked on things periodically and he enjoyed being able to take a work break and walk down to play with the girls. I am jealous. Of course, if it was me at a home office, I know the girls wouldn't leave me alone; they'd be constantly interrupting. So, even if I could bring my work home, I couldn't.
It was nice to wake up in the morning and not have to force the girls to eat breakfast, get dressed, and rush out the door. Instead, I sat and drank my coffee with them, then cleaned the dinner dishes from the night before, made myself a lunch, and printed out some forms for the Nanny. Time sheets, emergency contact sheets, daily logs, petty cash logs...
oops, that makes me realize that I asked her to run to the grocery store today and I forgot to leave her money. Let me go call her... no answer. She must be en route to toddler time at the library...
There is a lesson here. On one hand, having a nanny is easier. On the other, it requires much more organization on my end.
Today is Day 2 and Juliette is with Nonna, so Cosette gets one on one time with the Nanny. Today was slightly less hectic, except that Cosette woke up and instead of coming to my room to get me, she wandered downstairs and shut herself into the dark powder room (I blame Greg, because he never ever shuts the gates at the top of the stairs) and although I heard screaming, it sounded so far away that I didn't realize it was her at first; Greg had to be off early leaving me to give Lucy her medication (poor Lucy has Lyme disease) which of course she refused, Juliette cracked her lip with her hobby horse and was bleeding, I had to plan the daily activities for the Nanny and Cosette, and then I kept forgetting things as I finally tried to leave (first, my coffee; then, my flip flops, in case I have time to go get a pedicure.)(I've been carrying those flip flops around for a week).
But... Greg took the truck. Which means I loaded myself into the Porsche, turned on some music (It was Ben Folds Five "...she's a brick and I'm drowning slowly..."; is that significant?), put the top down, and enjoyed my drive into work.
I can definitely get used to this.