Thursday, June 21, 2007

My movie career was cut short by a line that was too long.

Well, I was going to be a big movie... um... extra. They are filming parts of Indiana Jones 4 here at Yale in a few weeks, and there was an open casting call for hundreds of extras monday and tuesday. It was the talk of the town monday. Walking down the street, you could hear everyone talking about it. Yes, they do on occasion shoot movies here, and there have been a few celebrities attending Yale College, and several more Yale Drama Students who will be celebrities but we don't know it yet, but nothing this big has come to town in a while. So, I decided to go. First, I made myself a head shot. Yes, it is not professionally done, and yes, the lighting could be better, but hey, I'm not auditioning for a real role in anything. I just took my camera, aimed it at my head, and clicked. Good thing for 180 degree swivel screens. I got two good shots:

RM%20headshot%201.jpg

RM%20headshot%202.jpg

I ordered prints online through Walgreens- only because I didn't have photo paper at work. They were done at 1:30 so after picking them up I walked downtown to check it out. I figured, all the Yalies have left town, there is no one around, it'll be quick. I'll run in, they'll look at me, say yes or no (but, of course, they'll say yes to me!) and then I'll go back to work.

Then, I turn the corner and see the line. Six people deep and looking quite long. I walk down, looking for the end. And I walk. And I walk. It goes down the block and around the corner! And me with a meeting in an hour.

So I left.

My acting career was cut short by a line that was too long.

I gave my parents the photos, they liked them.

However, all of the Yale community is invited to watch the filming. Not like that will be crowded or anything. I'll make sure to bring allies, and allow plenty of time, when I go to check that out.