Monday, August 20, 2007

Star light, star bright.

Juliette, tonight, looking out at the sky while I tuck Cosette into bed, asked "Is that a wishing star, mommy?"

"Yes," I replied, "I think it is."

"I'm going to make a wish." She speaks softly. "I wish I may I wish I might get my wish. I wish... I wish... I wish for a rocket. Please, can I have a rocket? I love you. Please and thank you." She starts to walk away from the window, but then turns around. She whispers again: "I'm going to make a wish for Cosette. Please can Cosette have a teddy bear? Because I love her. Please grant this for Cosette. I love you. Please and thank you."

She turns away from the window again. "Mommy," she tells me, "I made two wishes. One for me and one for my sister because I love her." And she walks out of the room.

I think I have to go to the toy store and find a good toy rocket. She'll have to use her imagination to reach the wishing star. Oh, and- a teddy bear.

No comments: