I love the way Cosette says "Nilk" instead of "milk". I hope she never outgrows it.
I love the way she snuggles up to me, her cheek on my shoulder, her chin nestled so that I feel her soft warm breath on my neck. She wraps her arms around me and pats my back as I am patting hers.
I love the way Cosette picks up her dolls and pats their backs and rocks them as she sways side to side. Someone once told me they can always tell who the mothers are in a crowd because they don't stand still; all new mothers develop the sway. I guess it is something you learn as a child, when your mom is holding you in her arms and swaying.
I love the way Juliette takes care of Cosette. Sometimes, I can't get Cosette to cooperate, and I ask Juliette for help. If I leave them alone for a few minutes, sure enough, Juliette has accomplished the task.
I love how, in Juliette's workbook from preschool '06-'07, on the paper where they had to draw their best friends, she drew a stick figure with big spiky hair and labeled it "Mommy".
I love how Juliette draws hearts in the air with her finger and then blows them to me so I can have some love.
I love that the first word Juliette learned to write is M-O-M. When she tries to write her own name, she usually gets all the letters, just not necessarily in the right order. We're working on that. Oh, yeah, she writes D-A-D, too.
I love how the girls have watched Madagascar like a hundred times, and they still get excited every time Alex exclaims "Connecticut", and they still laugh everytime Marty asks "Did you just bite my butt"?
I love when the girls call me a "silly goose." They are just so cute when they say it!
When Cosette is being a typical two year old and disobeys, saying "NO!" to a request, I'll ask her in the Tone, "Did you just say No to me?" And she'll pause, and look up at me. I love the expressions that move across her face as she thinks about it; she is obviously conflicted- she doesn't want to admit to her misbehavior by saying "Yes" but she also doesn't want to compound the problem by saying "No." So, instead, she says "I sorry!"
I love cuddling with the girls in the quiet, dark, night, as they are getting sleepy. My lap is barely big enough to fit them both, but I just hold on tighter.