When did I become such a negative person? I just deleted a comment as I was about to post it on my good friend’s blog. It is an incredibly adorable potty training story. Instead of being all “yaay” or “congrats” or “how cute” I was like “Just wait until he starts fighting with you that he can wipe himself clean.”
Whoa. I meant it to be sort ‘roll your eyes at the parenting challenges that never end’ funny. But as I read over it, I realized that it just sounds like I've become the bitter person that always puts a negative spin on things. Bah humbug.
So I deleted it and tried to write something nice, but then I just started to sound so un-genuine that I gave up all together.
When did I become so negative? Maybe I am just having a bad day. Actually, you know what, I am having a bad day. That's because last night I decided to finally do a work out in my new work out room (motivated by the fact that these older ladies are kicking my butt in Kundalini Yoga). Last week Greg set it up for me. He carried the tv, vcr, and dvd player up, found an old printer stand to hold them on, and came out a bit later telling me "you're all set."
Every night for the past week I've been feeling the guilt of not working out, and finally last night I was determined to do it. But, as it turns out, when Greg said "you're all set" what he meant was "you're all set if you can find an extension cord, because there aren't enough outlets and the cords don't reach anyway" and "you're all set to workout as long as you don't use your excercise DVD's because this DVD player won't work with this really old tv", and also "I don't really care, so I'm going to go play my video games because my electonics are all new, awesome, and plugged in."
Hey, fine. He can get all fat and pasty playing video games for 8 hours straight, but that doesn't mean I should have to suffer.
Yeah yeah. So then, foiled in my workout attempts, I decide to read instead. I pop popcorn, get a lemonade, and then... can't find my book. Anywhere. I have lost my book. How is that possible?
So instead I watch three hours of dancing with the stars. I'm actually fighting to keep my eyes open by the end of the last results show. Sabrina's departure makes me remember other painful reality show eliminations (constantine maroulis). Can I just tell you that I like Mel B so much that I am actually contemplating checking out the Spice Girls?
Hey! What do you want, I told you I was feeling out of sorts! You know what I want? I want to be able to go do my workout video. I want to find my book and have time to finish it. And I want to stop watching so much reality TV. Maybe this writers guild strike is not such a bad thing....