Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I'll take mine over easy.

It’s interesting, what you learn while watching TV during your workout at the gym.

This morning I was watching Regis and Kelly as I huffed and puffed on the elliptical trainer. The gym has recently installed audio devices on all the machines so that we can plug in our headphones and tune in to one of the five TV’s they have, or listen to music stations. Of course, they also have the closed captioning turned on, and that can be amusing in and of itself.

For example, I learned that Marlee Matlin was “limb gated” from Dancing with the Stars last night. I learned that Regis does not know what the Amalfi Coast is. And I learned that if you want to get pregnant and have a boy then you should eat a hearty breakfast. According to the closed captioning, a recent study reported that 6 out of 106 women who had boys had eaten hearty breakfasts before they conceived. According to what I heard Regis say, that statistic was 6 out of 10 women. According to what Kelly had to say, it was more likely due to the margarita she had the night before then the breakfast she ate the next morning.

Who knew? Forget all the complicated genetic testing and such…. just go grab a bowl of Oatmeal and some eggs…

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hmmm....maybe a margarita and THEN a healthy breakfast! I'll have to try that next time around!!!!

Anonymous said...

Will we be eating healthy breakfasts?
Nonna's can hope.
nonna