Thursday, September 04, 2008

Job Title(s).

At the beginning of the summer I was complaining that I wished I could have a summer vacation. Someone pointed out that I had a full time nanny for the summer and that was my vacation.

Now that we are less then one week into our full academic year schedule, I realize how true that was. I am exhausted! I am working part time at lab. Oh, and part time teaching. Don't forget my full time position as a mother. When Greg commented that since I was a stay at home mom now things should get easier, I almost slapped him.

But I remember back in June when I had told Cosette that Vanessa would be staying with her all day, and she cried "But I want mommy to stay with me!" We might not be there yet, but we are getting there. Juliette understands the change, and likes it... as evidenced when she announced to Nonna "Guess what? No more Vanessa! Just my mommy now!" It made me so happy to hear how much it meant to her that I would be home when she got off the schoolbus, and it made me regret every single day I wasn't home for her over the past five years.

Life is good. But it sure isn't easy!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm not sure it gets easier anytime soon.... at least not until your kids are grown and married. At least that seems to be what everyone tells me now that I have a baby around!