Friday, October 24, 2008

Spooctacular

Our elementary school is having a halloween party tomorrow. The PTO has been sending many many emails asking for volunteers. However, since we are also having my dad's 60th party at my house tomorrow, I don't have the time. I couldn't resist the call to duty, though (and I'm sure that pull will get me in trouble in the future), so I volunteered to bake something for the bake sale. Of course, I didn't plan in advance, so yesterday afternoon I'm trying to come up with something that is fun, gooey, and entertaining for the kids- and easy to make. My creation...

Worm Cake


.
OK, I didn't come up with this idea entirely on my own. I did some extensive googling.

However, I was quite happy when I dropped it off this morning and the (tired and harassed looking woman who didn't have a good excuse not to help) mom who took them said "Ooohh, this look good. Those will go quickly."

Yaay me.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY you!!!! PTA LOVES any help at all, even if it's not your physical presence. I've had many a PTA president as a parent in my classroom and have heard many a lament that if people would just do anything at all it would make their life easier! And, I LOVE that you took the girls to the Halloween Hoot. Man, I always loved that at our school!!!

Kelli said...

This is great! I can just imagine how kids would love cupcakes like this. Yay you indeed.

Julie R said...

Awesome cupcakes! I know my girls would love them.

JaxMom said...

Wow! Those look AWESOME in a yummy creapy sort of way. Have enjoyed your blog thru Lisa and KTP.