Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Failure to communicate.

Every once in a while, I will have a conversation with Cosette where I think we are probably talking about totally different things. Here are a few of the topics we discussed today:
*********************************

On Noses:
Cosette: "I can't get the rocks out of my nose."

Me: "Rocks? You mean snots?"

C: "No, rocks. Rocks. Rocks in my nose."

Me: "Why are there rocks in your nose?"

Cosette: "I don't know."

Me: "Cosette, you shouldn't put rocks in your nose. You shouldn't put anything in your nose."

C: "I didn't! Jacob did it! He put five there!"

Me: "Jacob put five rocks in your nose?"

C: "Yes! And they are stuck!"


*********************************

On being a lady:
C: "Mommy, be a gentleman."

Me: "You mean a lady."

C: "What? A lady?"

Me: "Yes. I'm not a gentleman, I'm a lady."

C: "You are not a lady!"

Me: "I'm not?"

C: "No! You don't have a hurt leg!"

*********************************
And then there are those moments when you don't know if you should laugh, or yell, or just walk away...

Today, Juliette and Cosette were getting ready for the bath, running around naked. Juliette twisted her blanky and hung it between her legs, and then she and Cosette started giggling hysterically. I was puzzled, I didn't get the humor- until Juliette cleared it up: "Look at my penis! My penis is hanging down!"

I definitely did not teach her that.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This post is just too funny! What in the world is she talking about!?!?!