Thursday, August 25, 2011

Come on Irene*.

Come on!

I want to start the school year on a high note, with everything running smoothly on schedule.

Instead we are dealing with the uncertainty of when and where Hurricane Irene is going to hit us. Probably on the first day of school.

Great.

The weather channel loves this stuff.  Weather threat is EXTREME! Which, apparently, is one level below CATASTROPHIC! I am really hoping it just takes a sharp right and blows out to sea.


Meanwhile, we are supposed to take the girls for a trip into NYC this weekend.  We promised we'd see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.  Hmm.  Last week they had an earthquake, which makes me want to stay away from tall buildings.  This week they are expecting a hurricane, which makes me want to stay home and batten down the hatches.

So here is something to cheer you up, because I realize that I haven't posted pictures of my girls in a while.



**I know, I know, it's Eileen, not Irene.

No comments: