Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The most important stuff stays the same.

This was my horoscope today. I really liked the sentiment so I thought I'd save it here.

Home isn't just a physical place or location. It's a state of mind -- and one that you can take with you. Remember that when worries about your place in the world or your family spring into your mind. Certain things about them -- that is, the most important things -- remain with you no matter what may change outwardly. So don't panic even if it seems like everything is changing. The most important stuff stays the same.

I just wish Juliette could understand this. She is getting a little jealous of her baby sister, and I wish I could make her feel how my love for her hasn't diminished- if anything it is stronger. Having a new baby makes me realize how fast Juliette is growing, so I want to appreciate every minute I have with her. Unfortunately, those minutes are harder to find, and things won't get easier once I start back at work in a couple of weeks. But, remember New Baby Resolution #1: don't look ahead, just live in the present. I need to enjoy these last few weeks before the working mom struggle begins again!

No comments: