I've read several mommy blogs recently (like this and this) where the common themes are (a) the frustrating inability to get baby to nap; and (b) the complete and utter uselessness of the many different parenting books we've all read. And tried. And trashed.
These tired bloggers have decided they should write their own book... and I agree. Mine would be titled "Use What God Gave You". As in- hey, if she wants to nurse herself to sleep, why not let her? What else are these things for- not merely for decoration as our loving husbands might have previously believed.
I have to admit that it is much easier with the second baby. You know why? I gave away all my baby and parenting books after the first baby turned one, and I havn't looked back since. That, and the fact that I gave up all sense of order or control at about the same time. So, at 5:30 this morning, when Cosette woke up for the fourth (yes, the FOURTH) time, I decided to bring her to nurse in bed with me. I really enjoy doing that, anyway, occasionally, because I love cuddling with her as she smiles up at me with such happiness. And we both slept until Juliette started calling me at 7:00.
1 comment:
Thanks for the reminder, Tina. Stew and I went away for the weekend and when we were on our way back I kept swearing to myself that I would appreciate Kyle more and snuggle with him and savor his numbered days as a baby. It's fun to do that.
P.S. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES FROM THE WEDDING?! At the very least, email me some. Pretty please...
Post a Comment