Juliette loves Barney. Something about that big fat purple dinosaur and all his friends dancing badly, singing off key and generally just acting too happy and helpful all the time fascinates her. It drives Greg and I crazy. Barney has given us a whole new appreciation for Sesame Street... which is far more intelligent, original, and is sometimes quite amusing, even for the grown-ups. Plus, the monsters know how to sing in key. I think. (I don't know how to sing in key, but I think I can recognize when someone else does).
Recently, however, Barney has become much more tolerable, due to the fact that Juliette loves singing the Barney Theme Song. But, she doesn't just sing... she has to act it out, too. She made Greg get off the couch this morning to sway with her (I was feeding Cosette otherwise she would have required me to join in), "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family, with a great big hug" (Juliette looks up at you and reaches up with her arms, big hugs all around) "And a kiss from me to you" (Kisses for everyone) "Won't you say you looove meee toooo". Juliette add-libs as instructed: "I love you mommee. I love you daddee."
I've made this song part of our bedtime routine. Wouldn't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment