It is always very exciting when people leave comments on my blog; but that excitement turns quickly to irritation when those comments turn out to be SPAM. I am going to delete the offending comments, but prevention is the best strategy, so... I have taken Kim's advice and turned on word verification for comments. What, you ask, is word verification? Here is the description I found on the blogger.com dashboard:
"...people leaving comments on your blog will be required to complete a word verification step... What this does is to prevent automated systems from adding comments to your blog, since it takes a human being to read the word and pass this step. If you've ever received a comment that looked like an advertisement or a random link to an unrelated site, then you've encountered comment spam. A lot of this is done automatically by software which can't pass the word verification, so enabling this option is a good way to prevent many such unwanted comments."
Therefore, friends and friendly commenters, please do not be alarmed at this sadly necessary change in procedure. Rather, please, let your comments continue!
3 comments:
My comment is that I am commenting. Here's me, commenting with my commenty comment! And I am real! A person! Who comments!
My comment is that I am commenting. Here's me, commenting with my commenty comment! And I am real! A person! Who comments!
Oops. I commented twice. Sorry, I guess I got commentacular.
Post a Comment