Yes, yes, I am hooked on Lost. I started watching it this summer, actually, during reruns, but everyone at work has been hooked since the beginning - it is nice to be able to join in the Thursday lunchtime Lost discussion group. I did get a little irritated at the episode where Claire gave birth; it was definitely a TV L&D. So... what is up with those numbers, and who the heck is Desmond? And what about Walt... although, I do think he can take care of himself. Who are these crazy "others"? And finally, what the heck was Sawyer doing, swimming in shark infested waters while bleeding from a bullet wound... and then pulling the bullet out with his own fingers? Can you say "a little bit unrealistic"?
Let us get more realistic: I told Greg last night that we can forget about Constantine Maroulis; he has faded into Reality Show Has Been status. I am now enthralled with Nick from So You Think You Can Dance. OK, OK he seems like a bit of a cheeseball, but oh man, can he dance. It is a beautiful thing to watch. Last night I actually tried to vote, even though Greg was making fun of me. However, I was foiled: the lines were busy and, since I am not that dedicated, we will have to see if the rest of the country makes the right choice.
Speaking of dance: I would love to get back into ballet. Or yoga. Or Pilates. Or exercise in general. I was complaining to someone at work that I just don't have the time, and he commented that it is just a matter of making time. "Wake up at 5:30 and you'll have a whole hour" he suggested. !!! File that comment under 'utterly useless advice'.
On a cheery note, another pair of my pre-pregnancy pants fit. Despite my lack of exercise. Whoo hoo! That makes 2.
Juliette has finally figured out that I can't sing. When I started singing along with Lori Birkner "We are the dinosaurs, march-ing march-ing, we are the dinosaurs, whaddya think of that?", Juliette yelled at me. "No singing mommy!" Ever since then, I have not been allowed to sing. When we are driving in the car and all I am allowed to listen to is children's music, I need to be able to relieve the boredom by singing out loud. And my daughter has forbidden me that simple pleasure. Sigh.
Juliette has also figured out that feeding the dog, feeding the fish, or setting the table are really not that much fun. She will soon understand why they are called 'chores'. Mwohahahahaha (evil laugh).
(I stole that evil laugh from someone, but I can't remember who, so if you are reading this, I apologize for my blatant plagiarism).
And finally for today, I must vent a little. Why is it that women who are dropping off their children at school feel it is OK to just STOP in the middle of the road to unload? Can someone please explain to them that this is (a) inconsiderate and (b) dangerous? It's like "Hey kids, ignore all the traffic, don't worry about the other cars on the road, run in the street- no problem!" Maybe I shouldn't complain about this because it might someday be me... but I doubt it.
1 comment:
I'm totally hooked on Lost too. It's all so bizarre & creepy..and they just leave you on the edge of your seat every show! Mike's theory is that they're all in purgatory..but, I wonder if that will still make sense as this season develops? I can't wait until next week when they bring in that girl from the flight that was already captured by "the others"...You know where I'll be on Wednesday night!
Post a Comment