Sometimes, when I hear myself saying something, I can't believe that these words are coming out of my mouth. Or, in the middle of doing something, I realize how much things have changed since I became a mom- and how things that would have previously completely shocked or disgusted me now seem so- well- so routine. So here it is:
Top Ten List of the Things I never thought I'd do- or say... but then I became a Mommy:
1. Say "Hi, Daddy!" (when I am talking to my husband!)
2. Bare my chest in public- no matter how discretely.
3. Say anything sounding remotely like: "Ahboo. Ahboo. Mamamamamamamamama. Ahmamamamamama."
4. Wipe up spit-up with my shirt, so that the baby stays clean.
5. Coo, "Look at those chubby cheeks. I just want to eat those chubby cheeks!" (I was never a maternal type, growing up.)
6. Pick up a baby to smell her butt to detect if she's pooped.
7. Tell a 2 year old too: "OK, wait a minute and I'll let you smell the poopy." (Juliette is newly obsessed with bodily functions)
8. Actually, seriously, desire a minivan.
9. Go shopping to buy tons of clothes and books... none of which is for me.
10. Utter the words: "Yaay, it's Barney!"
No comments:
Post a Comment