I have finally succumbed. I have been surrounded by germs for weeks now, and in the middle of the night last night they got to me. I blame Greg; Monday night we were sharing a bag of popcorn, when he blithely commented that I was going to get all his germs. I told him to go wash his hands, first, but he astutely pointed out that every time he put the popcorn in his mouth he re-infected his hands. Seems kinda gross, doesn't it? At that point we poured him his own bowl... well, uhm, actually, he just dumped some out on the conforter (we are such clean people, aren't we?). But by then the damage had been done.
I shouldn't be so quick to blame Greg: my sister has been sick, as well. My mother-in-law has bee sick, too, but she most likely picked something up from Juliette, so I can't blame her for my illness. The girls have been a little sniffly, but I think that is just run of the mill snotty nose cold virus, because if they had been feeling as badly as I do right now, they would have been making my life miserable. Now, the trick is to keep them from getting sick.
So, what happens when Mommy gets sick? She calls her mom. There is nothing like Mom's chicken soup and a little TLC to make every kid feel a little bit better.
2 comments:
Hope you feel better soon Tina. It's nice that your Mom is around to take care of her little girl. And, hey, I'm sure Mike would be willing to whip up another get well soon smoothie for you if you needed it!
OH NO! I KNEW this would happen if I saw you this weekend! (Well, I thought the girls would get sick but instead it's you!) I'm sorry!!!!!!!!
Rest....take a day off and send the girls to school so you can sleep all day!!!!
Post a Comment