http://www.dadgonemad.com/2006/03/barneys_biggest.html
As I am laughing I am wondering, did this guy kidnap my daughter? Because it sure as heck sounds like Juliette. As her 3rd birthday draws ever closer, I am constantly amazed at what a very large personality she has inside that very tiny little body. Greg seems to think she gets it from me, but I was always a docile angel that did everything my mother told me to do, never had a tantrum, and never ever said "no" to my mother. (Right, mom?)
Her newest favorite way to add a little excitement to life is to walk around naked. She would never put clothes on, if I didn't force her. She loves to watch TV naked. Draw naked. Even bake naked. Here, I have proof- behold the Naked Chef:
OK, well I'm not going to actually post a naked picture of my daughter. I don't want to go to jail. Although I might get some sleep there, and from what I've seen on TV the convicts have a lot of time to work out in the large and well equipped gym area, the toilet without walls really is a turn off.Anyway, Juliette only wore the apron long enough for me to take the picture. Then it was on the floor next to her other clothes. But clothes are overrated, anyway. The chocolate chip cookies were still quite tasty, and it was much easier to clean the batter off of Juliette when there wasn't any fabric in the way. Plus- less laundry. Always a good thing. Not that it matters what I think. If Juliette wants to walk around the house naked, she is darn well going to do it. Fortunately I am still bigger then her, or she might be trying to muscle me out of my clothes. She does like to bring Cosette in to her little escapades, but she has a hard time getting Cosette's clothes off before Cosette crawls away and comes complaining to me.
It isn't only at home that she exerts herself. It turns out that she is also quite bossy at school. I'm always getting comments from her teachers about how Juliette disciplines the other toddlers. Yes, I've long ago realized that my daughter will be the Bossy One. You know, there is always one of those in your group. The person telling everyone what to do, the person everyone else complains about behind their backs but doesn't have the nerve to stand up to their face. That will be my daughter. My brother and sister might disagree with the following statement, but your siblings don't count- as the oldest, it was my duty to be bossy. But in school, among my peers, I was definitely not the bossy one.
Fortunately, Cosette seems to be pretty strong willed, too.
Poor Greg. It's a good thing he grew up with a couple of strong willed women- he can handle himself. Bwah hah ha ha ha. He thinks he still has some control.
Oh, but did I mention that Greg has a new girl in his life?
Her name is Porsche Carrera.
Doesn't look like the girls will fit in that, does it?Whenever I think about it, I get a little Jan Brady. You know... "Porsch-a Porsh-a Porsch-a".
Now, most people,when told of Greg's new purchase, ask how old he is and if he is perhaps suffering from something called a "Mid Life Crisis."
I know better. He is surrounded by so much estrogen, what better way to boast of his manliness and get that testosterone flowing then to drive around in one of these?
So who should you really feel sorry for?
Me.
Pray for us.
4 comments:
oh my goodness. Greg's got another lady in his life. Does he let his wife get near it? I am coming up from the city, the naked babies can stay with him & you & I can go for a little joy-ride... Perhaps with a pit stop at Banana Republic?!
As for naked Juliette, I love it.
As for the new girl, I am trying to be more witty and clever than sarcastic and am failing miserably. So I will say just this...your two girls will always outrun, out charm, and outlast his "new girl". But because there is strength in solidarity, consider the three of you in my prayers.
Vanessa
Whoa, what a car! Although your girls are so much cuter! Hilarious entry.
OK, I just reread this entry and I'm laughing again! And-according to Mom- you were bossy at school-at least when you were younger! ;)
Post a Comment