Friday, May 19, 2006

155,433

According to the Mom Salary Wizard, I should be earning $155,433 per year for my role as a working mom, not inclusive of my salary from my other job as a research scientist.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/05/03/pf/mothers_work/

Several other things that are pretty interesting:

A cook makes more then a day care teacher.
So does a van driver.

Oh, yes, and it doesn't pay to work. When you calculate the difference in my salary potential as a SAHM vs a working mom... I would make more if I was a SAHM.

Except for the fact that this is totally hypothetical. No one actually pays a SAHM.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Personally, I think your job--being a Mom I mean-- is worth WAY more than that number also...but how do you put a price on band aids and popcicles, first steps, pet nicknames, learning to walk, learning to swim, family meals, starting new traditions, first days of school, best friends, worst enemies, first dates and heartbreaks, math homework and science quizzes, proms and licenses, term papers and college applications... there is no monetary amount that covers all that a mom does and all that a mom is.

Kim Tracy Prince said...

Tina.
Now that I am back to work I am counting on blogs to get me through the day. You are disappointing me greatly. Please post more often. I am STARVING for diversions.
Love, Kim