Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Highlights for a low day.

I've been blue for the past week or so. Tired, lethargic, uninspired. Sick... not in an overt way, but in a pervasive sense of not-well-being. And then I read a few other blogs today and it seems like there is something in the air, because a lot of us are feeling the same way. Instead of venting and waxing depressed, I decided that I should write something positive today, something that cheers me up by reminding me of what is good and happy. So here goes-

Random Thoughts of Happiness

1. Greg stopped playing his video game at 9:30 last night and watched Grey's Anatomy with me.

2. Juliette made me a potted flower for mothers day. But the best (and well rehearsed) part was that when I found it and asked her what it was, she ran to me and gave me a hug and said "I love you mommy. Thank you for making me breakfast. Thank you for taking care of me. Happy mothers day."

3. Cosette and Juliette are beginning to really play together. Cosette loves to chase Juliette around, Juliette loves to run, and I love how tired they both get after.

4. Cosette's cute little curls; the way she keeps looking for more books to read at night; and the intense nonsensical conversations she has with you.

5. Juliette's growth spurt- for once, she eats what you give her, and then asks for more.

6. My sister's blog- and her post about my daughters.

7. My good friend is coming to town this weekend and a group of us are going for lunch and massages sunday.

8. Finding my watch with the photo of the two girls on the face.

9. The 8:30 am seminar I rushed in for was actually really really interesting, and gave me some ideas.

10. I got highlights, and I think they look pretty good. Also, I finally figured out how best to blow dry my hair.

11. Reading a cartoon that I can totally identify with and which puts a humorous spin on things.

12. The sheer pure joy Juliette gets out of pulling on her rain boots and splashing in the puddles.

You know what? I do feel better. And now that I've started, I keep thinking of other good things which bring a smile to my face. Your turn... what good things have happened to you lately?

3 comments:

Kim Tracy Prince said...

Today I started my new job. I was nervous but it actually turned out ok. I'll tell you what show it is (I know you know Tina but maybe some of my readers come here.) It's Bringing Home Baby on TLC. Then when I got home Kyle and STewart were already there and Kyle came over to me and hugged my leg.

Lisa said...

I LOVE this post...I'm going to copy you and do one on my blog. I freakin' love Cosette's curls, I love Juliette's rain boots, I love the Mother's Day gift you got and I'm totally envious of your massage on Sunday! (Although goodness knows you deserve it!) Oh, and I love your hair too, the highlights came out beautifully, very natural! Did I miss any?

Kelli said...

FINALLY, KTP reveals what show she's working on. I've been dying to know -- and what an AWESOME show to work on. You go girl.

Okay, back to Tina's great post. I think I might have to copy you too on my blog. But you're right, sometimes when things get blue it helps to stop & notice the little things. I'm sure all the rain isn't helping with a foul mood either! Highlights, lunch, & massages are great treats. Enjoy them!
Me? As silly as it sounds, getting my Starbucks coffee instead of the slush they serve in the office kitchen really makes my morning. How cheesy is that?
Hopefully I'll see you soon so I can check out those highlights myself!