Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blog writing 101: He may be mad, but I'm right there with him.

I've taken a page from my friend Kim's book, and decided to go back to the beginning. To the beginning of one of my favorite blogs, that is- Dad Gone Mad. As far as I can tell the humor started in October 2004. I am only up to October 12th, but I have been sitting in my chair at work for the past half hour laughing my butt off- quietly. Because I really don't want to explain to my co-workers why I am laughing, but he is so damn funny that I just can't stop myself. And it really is a shame to have to try and enjoy such funny writing in a quiet manner- I need to be able to laugh out loud, really loud, tears streaming down my face so that I can barely read the words on my monitor. So I am going to have to continue another day.

But, I thought I'd share with you some of the things I've learned so far:

1. I am not worthy. My blog writing is more of a personal journal, and getting feedback from everyone is my version of therapy; but I wish I could be more entertaining and funny.

2. I need to come up with some better titles.

3. Mommy bloggers tend to complain about their husbands, whereas Daddy bloggers are usually full of compliments for their wives. (And this is as is should be.)

4. Poop is a very commom topic. Men are not immune to the horrors of baby poop.

5. Career angst is universal.

I just realized that today marks the last day of the first year of my blog writing. Maybe the blog I should read from the beginning is my own, to remind myself where I was a year ago and how things have changed. A few things I have realized:

1. I am still tired. I do usually get a full nights sleep now and I can barely function. How did I do it when Cosette was waking up two to three times a night?

2. Things get more difficult, in a different way. But it becomes more fun, too.

3. The poop never ends.

4. Career anst never goes away.

So, happy anniversary to me. I hope you all enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it- it may not be funny but it is heartfelt and honest.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Raising Mommy Blog! Tina, I LOVE your blog - it's one of my daily (sometimes more than once even!) stops on the web. I don't have kids of my own but I feel like I'm learning a lot from someone who's going through it all now.
You rock, your blog rocks, and I think you're funny. In fact, there have been times when I've come close to spewing coffee all over my keyboard when I check in on your posts in the morning.
Keep up the great work woman!

Anonymous said...

I don't care if it's funny T, I just like to know whats going on in your life. More pictures please.
lovebrudda

Lisa said...

I LOVE your blog!!!!!