Monday, July 24, 2006

My week long (mis)adventures as a Single Mom. Day 1: Alls well that starts well.

Greg is off to Las Vegas for a week- for "work". Ha. He says he isn't looking forward to it and he doesn't want to go. Ha. I am most definitely not looking forward to it; as the girls get older they certainly are easier to manage but even so, it is nice to have him home. So here goes- the diary of my week long adventure as a single mom.

Monday: This was really a half day, since Greg was home to help me with the morning routine. I had a productive day at work, picked up the girls at day care and then complied when Juliette asked for mashed topatoes, gravy, macaroni and cheese, chicken, and broccoli for supper. In other words: Boston Market. By 7:15: girls are fed, house is clean, coffee is prepped and set to go off at 7:00 am (I don't know why I don't change that. Cosette wakes up every morning promptly at 6:30 demanding that we march downstairs and get her a bottle of milk.)

Bedtime routine: relatively painless. Until Juliette has a little temper tantrum over her choice of pj's. There was no choice, really- only one pair was clean. After about 30 seconds I decide that there really is no need to subject my eardrums to such noise, so I walk out to the playroom and sit down to watch tv. I can't hear it over the screaming, but I'm trying to make a point. I let her scream in her room for awhile, until I notice that I am sitting on her blankie. I get up and toss it to her, which calms her sufficiently to plaintively whimper "mommy?". So ends the tantrum. She's in bed by 8:45. All in all, the day went well. I am confidant. This week is going to be cake!

No comments: