Thursday, July 27, 2006
My week long (mis)adventures as a Single Mom- Day 3: Unraveling.
Wednesday: Brief moment after we first arrive home when I am facing two poopy diapers and two paint covered hyper children who have filled up on "topato" chips and lemonade at the Infant Garden Party and I see the mess Lucy has made when I really REALLY need a drink. Moment passes because the effort of making said drink outweighs the need. I clean up after the dog and then wash some dishes. I am standing at the sink simultaneously washing the dishes and watching the girls cavort on the deck (wondering how it is that there are any dishes to wash when we didn't even eat supper at home), when I see Cosette and her pretty pink leather mary jane's stomping around in the sandbox- turned- wading pool. Oh no. These were the back-up shoes. I call to her, and she leaves cute wet foot prints behind as she walks towards me. I remove her shoes, realize the rest of her is also wet, and decide it is about time for a bath anyway. Bathe the girls. They are in good moods but I am very grumpy. Cosette is asleep by 8:08. Juliette is asleep by 8:56 after a brief tantrum about... does it matter? Are you noticing a trend here? I sternly announce that I am very tired of all the tantrums and whining and I really am not going to put up with it anymore. Juliette is silent for a minute and then tells me "I really am a good girl you know." At 9:37 pm as I am finally sitting down to eat some dinner the thought crosses my mind that hunger may have been the root of my grumpiness. That, and the fact that one of the other mom's asked me if I was expecting. Damn capri's. These are the same pants I vowed never to wear again. This time I really am throwing them out. My vanity is justified by the fact that Cosette accidentally smeared fabric paint all over them and they are ruined anyway. Enjoy watching "So You Think You Can Dance" immensely (despite the toned abs flashing out all over the place to taunt me and my nacho-munching post partum paunch), hope Ryan and Donyelle get voted off this week. (Awfully nonsupportive of me, isn't it?) Perk up when Nigel announces that Benji and Heidi "must do that routine on the tour!" What? Do mine ears deceive? There is a Tour? You may be thinking "when does the cheesiness end?" but I am thinking "Man, I am sooo going to that!" Maybe I'll make Greg come with me- let him suffer a little bit to make up for this week. Better yet, I'll make Greg stay home with the girls for the night. Ha ha, revenge is sweet. Go upstairs and think about shortening the straps on the dress I bought to wear to this important luncheon on Friday, and then decide that my rudimentary sewing skills are at their best when I am not so tired. Watch Project Runway instead, where apparently some of the designers need some help with their sewing skills as well. This does not inspire me, because if they can't do it- and they went to school for that kind of thing- then how can I expect to be successful? Ah, I'll deal with it tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment