Saturday, July 29, 2006

My week long (mis)adventures as a Single Mom. Day 5: My affair with Colin.

Friday: My mom comes over in the morning to lend me a helping hand on this day, the day of the Luncheon. It really makes a big difference to have another person in the house in the morning; I can shower in peace, blow dry my hair and even- yes, I even had time to steam iron my dress. Not the one that needed alterations- since I never did them. Hey, I've been busy!(In my defense, I started to, and then realized that I would probably only be successful at ruining it, so I gave up with the hems half unstitched. I'll bring it to a tailor next week.)

The luncheon goes well, and I decide to blow off the rest of the afternoon for some me time. So I go home, change, and watch Nanny McPhee. It's a good movie. I love Colin Firth.

I pick up the girls and we go to my in-laws for supper. We all have a great time, and by the time we leave the girls are good and tired. Cosette goes straight to bed, once again with nary a fuss. Remember all those times I complained about her poor sleep habits on this very blog? It seems that, at some point, she became the easy child. Juliette, on the other hand, is still throwing temper tantrums. Once again, she wants to sleep in my bed. I tell her if she doesn't come to her room right this minute then she is going straight to bed without cuddling, and that gets her moving. The house is quiet by 9:00- eerily so, because Lucy is at my mom's; I feel unprotected without her downstairs. I decide to watch Pride and Prejudice- the one with the Pirates of the Caribbean actress. However, I can't get past the fact that Colin Firth was the best Darcy ever, and although this guy might be perfectly suited for the role, he is no Colin Firth. Plus, they change things a bit and that ruins it too. Don't you hate that?

1 comment:

Kelli said...

These are hilarious. I'm sorry Greg was away for the week but you got some good posts out of it!
I totally agree about the whole Colin Firth should be the one and only Darcy -- ever. I can't even picture someone else in that role.
And yes, if you're willing & you promise you don't ever use it, I would love, love, love to borrow your Ipod. You're awesome.