Saturday: I wake with the thought that "Greg is coming home tonight!" and all day long this thought is in the back of my head. We have a good day, though; starting off at swimming lessons. Juliette doesn't want to participate at first; but then when I tell her we are going to leave she decides that maybe she'll give it a go. I wore a bathing suit this week- last week I tried to keep myself- and Cosette- out of the pool but we all ended up soaking wet, including my mother who came to help. Since I am more prepared this time Cosette naturally decides she doesn't want to swim.
Eventually we do all get wet- including my mom. Poor mom, never leaves swimming lessons dry. The girls and I retrieve Lucy from mom's car then go off to the grocery store for a couple of things. Back home we play, eat lunch, and then all enjoy our Saturday afternoon nap. Dinner is at Nonna's, where Juliette swims with Grospapa while Cosette trys to avoid the water at all costs. We pick some raspberries- well, Grospapa picks a bunch and after I pick a few, which Juliette promptly eats, the girls decided they would rather play on the old rusty swingset. I coach Juliette to repeat the phrase "Grospapa can we please get a new swingset? I love you." but she forgets to say it when Grospapa can actually hear her. We fill up on dinner- leaving room for raspberry shortcake of course- and make our way home.
Bedtime goes pretty smoothly; I am tired and debating whether to watch a movie while I wait for Greg, or just go to sleep when the phone rings. It is my husband informing me that he is in the car en route home. Yaay! I hang up and fall asleep, happily knowing that this week long adventure is finally over.
No comments:
Post a Comment