Feet
Random thoughts about how Juliette gets it.
I bought Juliette some new blue socks Saturday. Blue, with cars and trucks on them. She is in a blue phase. She put them on this morning, and pulled them all the way up. But, then, unlike the gentlemen I saw on Thursday, walking through the 100 degree heat with loafers and knee socks, Juliette knew enough about fashion to scrunch them down.
Then she put on her sneakers. "Juliette, you have your shoes on the wrong feet." I informed her. She often replies with "that's how I like them, mommy" and then goes running off, but this morning, she actually switched them around. Less then ten seconds later, she observed "They don't hurt anymore!" Aahh, isn't it sweet when you finally get it?
Food
The fickle eating habits of young children.
The girls were amusing themselves while I tried to fold some laundry and clean their rooms a bit. I ignored the giggling even though I knew it probably meant they were doing something I'd probably be upset about. But then, it got very quiet. I went to investigate and discovered they had gotten themselves a snack. Knowing that there was no food on the second floor and that the gate was locked so that they couldn't walk down to the kitchen, I walked up to Cosette and, holding my hand in front of her mouth, asked "What's in your mouth, Cosette?". She looked up at me, then opened her mouth wide so I could see, before spitting into my hand... chewed up dog food.
My girls love dog food.
I'm sure it won't hurt them, but it is just gross. And then, they walk around with dogfood breath. Eww.
Freebies.
One person's trash is another person's treasure?
I dropped off some old clothes (and some new ones that I have never- and therefore probably will never- wear) at Goodwill on the way in to work this morning. As I was walking out I happened to notice, amongst all the handbags, that someone had donated a cute little pink purse that they themselves received for free. I know this because I have one. I got it along with a free trial of a new prescription. It seemed very odd to see it there, and I really hope no one actually pays money for it, because that would just be wrong.
Final thoughts.
This has been on my mind for a while.
You know how many of us have word verification for comments to prevent spam commenters? I have it myself, as a matter of fact.
I really hate that feature.
Half the time, I get it wrong the first time and have to go back and redo it.
And I have had my eyes checked recently.
2 comments:
I get the word verification thing wrong almost every time...the letters are always exactly crystal clear. (But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!)
I get the word verification right usually, but only because I go really really slooooowwww. I like random posts like this. It's like appetizers--a bunch of thoughts all together.
Post a Comment