Songwriting.
The best part is that you don't have to be that good at it, and in my case you don't even have to sing very well... if you have a catchy beat, can dance to it, and throw your kids names in once or twice, your children are guaranteed to love anything you make up.
In case I ever forget, I wanted to jot down some of our favorites. For your pleasure:
The sunshine song.
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,
You make my happy when skies are gray.
You'll always know dear, how much I love you,
because I'll tell you every day.
(When Juliette hears the original, she complains that 'they didn't sing it right!')
The fishie song.
Two little fishes, swimming in the bathtub
One named Juliette the other named Cosette
Splash splash splash getting mommy all wet!
(this song is always accompanied by giggles and vigorous splashing)
Cosette's song.
I love you Cosette, I love you bright eyes,
From the sunset to the sunrise.
You are my bright eyes, I love you Cosette,
from the sunrise to the sunset.
(I am trying to lull Cosette to sleep when I sing this, but usually I am so tired that I often get the verses confused. She doesn't seem to mind.)
1 comment:
aww, I like your version of You are my sunshine better than the "real" one.
Post a Comment