I just read this post and it made me cry. I cried because it is the most simple truth.
I can already see that Juliette and Cosette are like that. Sure, they fight, and hit, and tattletale. But they also give each other a good morning kiss, play together, and are comforted by each other's presence at daycare.
I love when Cosette sees Juliette's blankie laying on the floor and picks it up to bring it to her. Cosette doesn't have a blankie, but she understands the value it has for Juliette.
I love when Juliette will pat a crying Cosette on the back and soothe: "It's OK Cosi, don't cry..." before breaking into a lullaby.
I love when Cosette gets distressed if I don't get Juliette out of her room in the morning before walking downstairs for breakfast.
I love how Juliette likes to hold Cosette's hand to help her down the stairs.
I love my daughters, and I am so happy that they love each other.
2 comments:
It's funny because when I look at them, they make me think of you and I. I think that one of the most amazing blessings in my life is my sister and my brother. Beth reminds me of that all the time...she never had a sister and I know she is so thrilled to have one now. As for me, I couldn't imagine my life without my sister.
I love this post and I love the one you linked to.
I adore my brother and think he's one of the greatest people on this planet -- but I do wonder what life would be like if I'd been able to have a sister AND a brother.
I think you and Lisa are lucky...and Cosette and Juliette too - esp. since they'll have the bond of sisterhood to lean on throughout their lives.
Post a Comment