Friday, October 27, 2006

Twilight zone toddler.

I was in the playroom with Cosette and Juliette, enjoying a few minutes of fun time with them, when I thought I heard something... a voice, faintly, calling... "Hello, hello, is anyone there? Hello?"

There was no one else in the house, what could it be? I stood up and started following the sound. I reach over to the couch and find... the portable phone. I pick it up and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi Tina!" It's my mom. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Just playing with the girls. What are you doing?"

After a few minutes of confusion, we realize that:
  • a. I didn't call her.
  • b. She didn't call me.
  • c. And yet, here we were, talking on the phone to each other.

Our theory is that Cosette- who likes to have 'conversations' on the phone, which looks really cute especially when she is holding it upside down while she 'talks'- somehow hit the redial button.

A few days later, we are once again in the playroom and this time Greg is with us. The phone rings. Greg answers it, and I hear him say "Hey, how are you?" pause.
"No, I don't think so." pause.
"Oh really? That's strange." pause.
"Oh wow man, that's good." pause.
"OK. Talk to you soon."

It turns out that someone in our house called our family friend- he's like a cousin or uncle to us- and when he saw the number on the caller ID he decided to call back- because it was so unusual that he thought it might be something important. He's been having a rough time lately, and we really should talk with him more often. So it was nice to hear from him. However:
  • a. I didn't call him.
  • b. Greg didn't call him.
  • c. I don't even know what his phone number is. And it certainly isn't on redial.

So how did Cosette pull that one off?

Spooky.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I feel that this has happened in your house in the past...maybe it's not Cosette, maybe your house is haunted. It is All Hallow's eve coming up after all, if it were haunted then now is the perfect time for your ghosts to come out...