Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday morning task list.

1. Finish the laundry (so the cleaning lady can fold it.)
When I finally left the house at 10:00, she was 1 1/2 hours in and still folding.

2. Feed girls breakfast.
Juliette decides not to eat until she's faced with our imminent departure to daycare.

3. Depart- getting out of the house is, in and of itself, a major accomplishment. After a futile search high and low for the car keys, decide to just take Greg's. Load up the car. Get everyone ready to go. Then, take jackets off and run upstairs for a false alarm poopy "get it out of my butt mommy" episode. Find discarded jackets, blankies, bottles, and bags, and this time succesfully exit the house.

4. Drop girls off at daycare. Cosette is asleep in car (she just doesn't get daylight savings) and has to be violently woken. Juliette is cranky and clingy. She is complaining about a sore mouth and it turns out cocksackie is going around, but so far she is cocksackie-sore-less. Extricate self from her arms and make a quick getaway.

5. Get some more coffee. (I'm a little insulted that they still don't know me when they see me.)

6. Go to work.

7. Try to be nonchalant when boss catches you walking in at 11:00 am.

8. Pause to drink coffee which is finally cool enough to sip.

9. Sit down at desk, unpack computer. Check email. Catch up on blogs. (Come on people, more prolific blogging required. I'm running out of ways to procrastinate!)(I forgot my card reader at home so my photos from this weekend will have to wait for tomorrow. One less thing to do today.)

10. Survey the mess on desk; decide to clean before starting to work.

11. Decide to write a new post, keeping my post-a-day roll going. (weekends don't count).

12. Don't forget: Lunch date with Seda at noon.

13. After lunch, help student with her work.

14. Sit down at desk to get "to-do" list organized.

15. Check email and blogs again.

16. Get another cup of coffee.

17. Time to go.

So, if I ever complain that I don't make enough money, just remind me how lucky I am to get paid at all.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww man....if I ever wrote this post it would be SO different than yours!

Tina said...

That's because your first job is your work as a teacher. My first job is my work as a mother. The other job is where I go to rest.