Monday, October 23, 2006

Wiggle Savvy.




It's the Wiggles! Sam, Jeff, Murray, and Anthony!



Wait. Sam?? For those of you who are not Wiggle Savvy, Sam is not a Wiggle. We arrived at the theatre and were told that Greg Wiggle was sick. Greg Wiggle is the Lead wiggle. Since Greg was home in Australia, Sam was going to take his place. That's like replacing Bono, or Michael Stipe, or maybe more accurately David Lee Roth- you can try, and it might be good but it won't be the same.

Still, it didn't seem to phase the girls for long. Juliette didn't move from that chair for the whole show- except for one quick run to the bathroom...



And Cosette only moved from her chair to stand in the spotlight and get a closer view:



But aren't they cute when they sit still for a solid hour and a half?



Greg's (my husband, not the missing Wiggle) favorite part was when he jumped the curve, drove over the grass, and cut in front of all the other cars trying to leave the parking lot at the end of the show. In my Lexus. I saw all the other husbands in the cars around us swivelling to watch, and I saw all the wives opening their mouths to say "don't you even...". But it made Greg happy. And it was nice to avoid a 20 minute traffic jam.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

hee hee....it looked like Greg was mesmerized too! Looks like fun and I love that you are bringing the girls to the theatre!

Kelli said...

The pictures are too cute - I love how entranced the girls look.
And I'm glad you had the analogy of seeing a show without Bono or Michael Stipe since I'm not current on the Wiggles. ;-)

Oh and um, wait. You got a lexus?! Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Just did a Google on Greg Wiggle having heard about his illness causing him to perhaps leave the Wiggles and found your page. (no pun intended.) I'm from CT also, and looks like we enjoy the same family fun. Saw the Wiggles in Wallingford 10/21 - it was our fifth show, and forgot about ordering Thomas tickets so we missed out on that, but will be riding in a circle next year. Just like to see other Moms like me. Have a great day!