I am lying flat on my back, flopped out on the floor, silent and motionless. The noise that surrounds me- two screaming children, 3 TV's with different programs running, the telephone... all fade into a distant buzz. I do not blink. My eyes are open, but I am staring at the white ceiling, unfocused, unseeing. You can tell I am alive only by the gentle rising and falling of my chest as I breathe... in through the nose, out through the mouth. Innnnn, and ooouuuuutttt. Innnnn..... and oooouuuuutttt. Innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... annnnnddddd...... oooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt.
I am oblivious.
Gradually I become aware that the intensity of the buzzing has decreased. The girls are no longer screaming. Then I feel a small hand on my leg. Another hand on my belly. Then a 20 lb mass plops down onto my chest. It is Cosette. She has stopped crying and is now babbling incomprehensibly at me. I fend off her hands as she tries to slap my face. Then suddenly all the air is knocked out of me and I grunt "ooooouuuuumph!" as a 30 lb 3 year old sits- nay, jumps- onto my belly. The dog doesn't want to be left out and comes over and starts trying to lick my face. I narrowly avoid dog tongue in my mouth only because I am still waving my hands, fending off Cosette's not so gentle love taps. Then again, maybe she is just mad because I ignored her screams for - gasp- five whole minutes. It is amazing how five minutes can seem like such an eternity.
My restorative moment of zen over, I start tickling my girls, and then we all start giggling. Sometimes, all you need is a minute of calm quiet meditation, a balm for your frayed nerves. That, and the realization that it is only 10 minutes until bedtime. Blessed bedtime.
3 comments:
WHY?! Why is beta better? Nobody has yet said why. Even Blogger won't tell you why. WHY?!
I agree with KTP! Blogger's all sneaky too...telling you that once you switch you can never go back! I think the changes you've made a cool though Tina..I guess that's all thanks to the Beta switch huh?
Blogger beta is better because... it's just much easier to change your template- and you can change your template around (change the layout, add new components, change fonts and colors); the dashboard is nicer and you don't even need to use the dashboard; you can add category labels. When you change you lose customizations (ie. the counter on the bottom), but it is easy to add them back. Trust me! You won't want to go back!
Post a Comment