Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What really happened Tuesday night.

15. Pick up Juliette at Nonna's, bring her home. Nap time by 1:30; should I nap too, or actually do something productive? We were both napping by 2:00.

16. Pick up Cosette by 5:00. Eat dinner by 6:00- mom and dad are coming too, to see the girls in their Halloween costumes. I got Cosette at 5:40. She was one of the last ones at day care and was very happy to see me. Dinner arrived at 6:00 (pizza) but so did our neighbors and their kids, and we decided to go trick or treating with them. Nonna, Grospapa and Auntie Allie all arrived while we were out ringing on doorbells.

17. Trick or treating by 6:30. We were out by 6:15 (see above).

18. Return home by 7:00. Sort through the loot. Try to prevent the girls from eating it all at once. We returned by 7:00 but Juliette was upset that her bag wasn't full enough, so Greg took her out for more while Cosette and I stayed behind to eat dinner. And only one or two pieces of candy.

19. Bathtime starts by 7:30. Skip the bath.

20. Books and bed for Cosette by 8:00. Sharp. Cosette was in bed right on time.

21. Books and bed for Juliette by 8:30. Or 9:00. ish. Juliette was in bed by 9:00, after watching Emeril live instead of reading books. The girl likes to watch cooking shows with her dad.

22. Clean the house, prepare coffee for tomorrow. Mission accomplished. Momentary panic when I thought we had used all the coffee- I always have a bag on backup! I finally found an old stash so all was well.

23. Books and bed for Mommy by 10:00. We stayed up to watch last weeks' episode of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. It's a good show but this episode wasn't so hot. Or maybe I'm just tired. Asleep by 11:15.

24. Woken at 12:42 by a screaming Juliette. Pick her up and fall asleep in the chair until she wakes again, screaming and flailing, at 1:18. Nothing I do calms her; she is irrational. Is it a nighmare?

25. Back to my own bed by 1:50. Sleep until 4:20 when I am woken by a horrible leg cramp, reminiscent of the ones I used to get when I was pregnant. The cramp goes away and then I realize I have to pee, but I can't walk, so I decide to try and ignore it.

26. At 2:15 I limp my way into the bathroom. Back in bed, asleep by... well, I was sleeping, so I don't know.

27. Greg's alarm goes off at 6:00.

28. Cosette wakes up at 6:30.

29. Juliette wakes up at 6:36.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: