1. Awaken at 5:40 am to the sounds of a whimpering Juliette, who is crying out in her sleep "I want my mommy." Try to ignore it for awhile but finally give in and get up. I'm not sleeping anyway, but boy my bed is warm and cozy.
2. Sit in the dark and try to make Juliette happy- a near impossible task. Remember how I said she hadn't broken out in any sores yet? Well, I eat my words. Her mouth is covered with them. Officially diagnose her with coxsackie virus. Isn't that an unpleasant sounding sickness? Say that three times fast, and it sounds like something that a lady shouldn't be saying but sort of fits the mood.
3. Ignore Cosette calling for me for 10 minutes while trying to soothe Juliette. Finally give in and get up to get Cosette.
4. Try and drink coffee before going back upstairs to get Juliette who is once again calling for me.
5. Deposit Juliette on the couch, turn on the Wiggles, get her some milk- no lemonade- no orange juice, and some tylenol. You know she is sick when she is asking for medicine.
6. Call mom for help.
7. Shower and dress. Mom arrives. Thank goodness- reinforcements!
8. Buckle Juliette into Mom's car; distract Cosette who doesn't know why she can't go with Nonna too. Follow Greg to mechanic because his piece of crap GMC truck needs to be fixed. Again.
9. Drop Greg off at home. Retrieve coffee cup from kitchen, where it was forgotten in our earlier haste.
10. Dunkin Donuts drivethrough, baby. Coffee and a bagel for me, munchkins for Cosette who, in all the haste, never got breakfast. I'm a great mom, aren't I?
11. Go to work. Arrive by 9:20! That's about as early as I ever get there. Thanks, mom! Oh, and the whole forgetting to feed the girls breakfast thing saved some time, too.
12. Drink coffee.
13. Check email. Check blogs. E-mail student, who is studying for an exam, about her tasks for the day. When she is out studying for exams it gives me more time for my own work- er, blogging- er, slacking.
14. Do some Actual Work. Get it all done in 2 1/2 hours so I can leave to be with my sick daughter. The sad thing is, it really isn't a stretch to get it all done in that short of a time period. What a slacker I am.
15. Pick up Juliette at Nonna's, bring her home. Nap time by 1:30; should I nap too, or actually do something productive?
16. Pick up Cosette by 5:00. Eat dinner by 6:00- mom and dad are coming too, to see the girls in their Halloween costumes.
17. Trick or treating by 6:30.
18. Return home by 7:00. Sort through the loot. Try to prevent the girls from eating it all at once.
19. Bathtime starts by 7:30.
20. Books and bed for Cosette by 8:00. Sharp.
21. Books and bed for Juliette by 8:30. Or 9:00. ish.
22. Clean the house, prepare coffee for tomorrow.
23. Books and bed for Mommy by 10:00.
3 comments:
dunkin donuts drivethrough is the greatest thing in the world.
Hah! Good luck with the rest of your list. This should be good tomorrow.
I agree with Kim! And for the record, I vote for a NAP for you...especially with munchkin sick. And I'm tired just reading this blog...I think I'll start drinking coffee when I have kids! :)
Post a Comment