Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bad Mommy.

I am a bad mommy.

I forgot about Open House last night at Juliette's pre-K. I feel guilty; I really wanted to go, too. I wanted to know how pre-K will be different from pre-school, and what their goals are for the year.

Instead I just got a welcome packet, which is informative but it is written in this really irritating italic font. I was interested to hear about the family fun- aka "homework" that Juliette will be getting every few weeks. As it is we have to remember her weekly Mystery Show and Tell item. The letter of the week this week was Hh. Juliette brought in a hard hat... two h's for the price of one! Plus, you wear it on your Head. Another H! Plus, it says "hanydman" on it. Yet another H! She rejected Hula skirt and Hippopatomus. Greg came up with Hooligan, which is indeed an H word but it is kind of difficult to put a Hooligan into a brown bag and carry it to school. Then there is the fact that Juliette couldn't think of three clues for "hooligan", seeing as she doesn't even know what that is. So we rejected hooligan. Actually, I don't think Juliette ever even considered it an option. See how helpful Greg is? (Two more H's!). Like this morning when I proclaimed VERY LOUDLY that this might be a good time for daddy to come down and give me a hand; before, not after, my mental breakdown. A little while later the girls and I had finally walked out the door, loaded up the car, and were buckling in, when I heard Greg coming down the stairs shouting "OK, everyone, it's time to walk out the door and get in the car" A little bit late, huh?

See what I just did there? I started this post talking about what a bad mommy I am, and turned it into a rant about what a bad daddy Greg is. Haha, projecting my guilt. I get an A+ for that, anyway.