Monday, October 15, 2007

A house, but not a home.

It has been a stressful few weeks. I kept thinking of funny things to write about, but never had time to do it. First came the move, then came the grant. The move is done, but the unpacking isn't. The grant is done, but not submitted. (damn letters of recommendation. I hate those.) And I am so burnt out that I can't think of a single witty thing to say about it all. Although, I just now realized that last bit rhymed. Cool.

I will post photos of our new house... soon. The VP of Greg's company is coming to the states (from Germany) with his family at the end of the month, and staying with us for a day or two. So I am under some pressure to get everything done. We have a guest bedroom, now, but not only do we not have any furniture in there, we don't have any heat either. The heating guys are coming today (I hope) and can you say IKEA for the rest? I love that place.

We are all settling in... slowly. The other day we ate dinner at my mom's house and as we were getting ready to leave Cosette whined "I don't want to go to the new house. I want to go home."

Sigh. I understand. It's a nice house, but it isn't yet home.