Friday, November 16, 2007

It's not asking too much, is it?

Apparently, it is.

Today we had our sitting for our annual Christmas photo. By we I mean Juliette, Cosette and I. Things didn't start off well; despite having plenty of backup, including Nonna and the Nanny, we left 5 minutes late, and arrived 5 minutes late. This being a busy photo season I was worried they would boot me, but I was prepared to plead for whatever time they could give me. I only needed one good photo, after all, and with such cute models (I mean my daughters), how hard could that be?

Pretty hard, as it turns out. It was a madhouse, everyone was running late and kids were running around everywhere. The girls were cranky. The photographer was cranky. The "magic light" lost its appeal after the sixth or seventh rerun. Cosette decided she had to pee right in the middle of our photoshoot. By the time we got to the group shot, they had had enough. So now I am walking around at work all festive and fancy with my nice Ann Taylor pumps on (the ones my sister insisted I buy, and now I love), and I didn't even get a good photo with my two girls.

However, I found out that my portrait club membership- which I purchased last Christmas- was for two years and not one; even though they couldn't find me on file, they just gave me a new member ID and one more year to use it. I will definitely go back to JC Penney. Despite the cranky photographer. The girls took a few good head shots, and really, with them in the picture, who really wants to see me?

So here is a shout out to Uncle Michael: bring your camera for Thanksgiving and be prepared to use it!