Saturday, December 22, 2007

Good things are coming my way.

Tonight was my pre-birthday night out with my husband. One of those few and far between date nights; dinner and a movie. I am supposed to be sitting at a movie theatre, noshing on popcorn and swedish fish, engrossed in I Am Legend right now. But halfway through appetizers my husband announced that he thought he might be sick.

That ended our date night somewhat abruptly.

I thought about dropping him off at home and going myself, but that was just too complicated. So I paid the babysitter, and jumped into the bed time routine while Greg crashed.

Happy birthday to me.

It's bound to get better, though. Know how I know that? Yesterday Greg dismissed the nanny early and took the two girls out for a mysterious little shopping spree. I met up with them at a restaurant for dinner. I arrived to see the two girls sitting in the booth on either side of Greg, eating their bread and drinking from the kiddy cups, coloring on their place mats. They immediately relocated to my side of the booth, and then Juliette conspiratorially leaned over to me. She pushed my hair aside as she cupped her hands around my ear and whispered "Mommy, I have a secret. We went shopping with daddy to get your birthday present. It was jewelry!"