Thursday, December 27, 2007

All that I wanted, and more.

My birthday was perfect.

Sure, Greg was sick, and in bed immobile, all day. I know he really was sick, because he didn't even play his stupid video game. (By the way, in the Raising Mommy household, it is always referred to as the "stupid video game". As in "Daddy's playing his stupid video game again, Mommy!" Or "Daddy, stop playing that stupid video game" or even "I want to go watch Daddy play his stupid video game!")

The girls were whisked away by Nonna, to go make a birthday cake at their Auntie Lisa's house; I enjoyed a very relaxing manicure and pedicure. I was a little cranky when I got home, though, because the house was a mess and the hubby was still in bed and I had suggested that we let my mom cook the birthday dinner, but Greg insisted we have the party at home. I thought I was going to end up doing all the cleaning and cooking for my own birthday... but, my family stepped in and between them all pulled together a wonderful celebration. My brother even made it in from Boston just for my dinner!

Who could ask for more? My family surrounding me, fine food to eat, good wine to drink, some very generous gifts (including some very nice jewelry!) and an excellent birthday cake to top it all off!:

No comments: