Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ho ho ho, Getting Ready for Christmas

We went to get our Christmas tree a few weeks ago. It was quite an adventure; the guys went in the truck and Nonna, the girls, and I took my car. I didn't know where I was going, and of course Greg took a right on red shortly after departing, leaving me to eat his dust. Despite our constant cell phone conversations, I got lost. The girls were cranky and hungry, we stopped at two different dunkin donuts' before satisfying everyone (thanks to Nonna for enduring the slowest dunkin donuts line ever just to get Juliette her donut), and when we finally got to the tree farm Greg and my dad told us that there weren't any trees.

We did get to see Santa, though, and I tried to get a photo of the girls.They were a little intimidated; it was, after all, Santa Claus- in the flesh. The only way to get them on Santa's lap was for mommy to go first, and have the girls sit on my lap:




Ah, well. We aren't all looking in the same direction, and I am unshowered but at least at this point everyone was pretty much smiling.

Greg and Grospapa went off to another tree farm to find trees, and the four girls headed home. Of course, we got lost. It's hard to reverse your directions when you took so many wrong turns the first time around.

Later, Juliette, Cosette and I made some hot cocoa, popped some popcorn, and had a tree trimming party. I had one box of breakable ornaments which were mine to hang, and one box of kid friendly ornaments for the girls. Of course, the girls piled all of their ornaments onto one single tree branch, and then came over to help me with mine. There were a few casualties, but I decided not to let it bother me.


Really, Juliette was having fun. She just refuses to smile for the camera.

It was all worth it, because every single time they see the tree (tucked into its hidden corner where Greg insisted it should go), they get all excited. Four times a day, at least, Cosette asks me "Is it Christmas?". They have been good girls, so I predict that Santa will grant them their wishes.

No comments: