Construction, that is.
Just when things got settled, we decided to smash it all to pieces. I know, I know, I still haven't posted "before" pictures and guess what... now the "before" is dust and debris filling the dumpster!
When we bought the house we knew there were going to be a lot of projects. Everywhere we looked we saw things that needed to be redone; but fortunately, structurally, the house is great. There are certainly enough rooms. It is just that none of them have been updated in decades. We decided to live with things as they were for a little while and then make a prioritized wish list.
That was smart, and the decision turned out to be a very easy one.
Can I just tell you how miserable it is to sleep and wake in a bedroom that has no heat? Supposedly there was heat. There was one tiny heat vent up near the ceiling. I just never felt warm air coming out of it. As bad as that was, what was even worse was taking a shower in a freezing cold bathroom. The water was warm, so it didn't freeze until after I stepped out of the shower...
So the first room we decided to renovate was the master bedroom and bathroom.
We moved in to the guest room this past saturday. I gotta tell you, it is much better then the master bedroom ever was! It's warm! And on Monday, the contractor (aka, our good friend Sean) showed up and started ripping things apart. We will be converting the spare room onto our bathroom; our old bathroom into a walk through closet; and the only changes slated for the master bedroom are to put in more lights and more heat vents.
You know what's nice about it? If you walk upstairs, when the door is closed, you can't tell anything is going on. Contained chaos. Compared with the first time we remodeled, this is nothing. But, I know how these things go, and although our timeline is 8 weeks, I am just hoping to done by summer.
1 comment:
Sooooo much easier with the door closed! :)
Post a Comment